About the Role
Do you want to have fun at work? Do you want to really make a difference every day? Jellybean Daycare & Preschool is looking for a preschool teacher! Rate of pay depends on education and experience. You must be willing to take trainings and be (or get) first aid and CPR certified. Looking for someone who currently has their CDA, Associates, or higher or is working toward their child care degree and has experience in a daycare center.
Signing bonus of $500 until 7/30/2022.
• Come to work with a positive attitude, a smiling face, and an engaging personality to invite children into the classroom.
• Work with a team of teachers to co-teach a group of 30-40 children each day.
• Love, snuggle, talk, and be attentive to the children.
• Play with children while teaching them through open ended questions, academic suggestions, enthusiastic exploration, and teacher intervention only when needed.
• Interact with parents and engage them in their child's day at school as well as the class culture.
• Be an example of the Jellybean philosophy and use that in your teaching every day.
To apply, please send your resume to our email!
Either have experience in childcare, or have your childcare degree, or are working towards it.
Be CPR and first aid certified, or get certified within 90 days of start date.
Love teaching, playing, and working with children
Have availability to work 20-25 hours per week.
About the Company
We allow the children to create their learning space. Each child has their own interests and way of learning. We are here to encourage that.
If you follow curriculum styles, we try to incorporate a mixture of Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio - Emilia, and Creative Curriculum. What we are most passionate about with these curriculum styles is child centered learning with individually directed activities and the creation of strong relationships between teacher and child. Teachers also work on projects with the children based off of what they are interested in or want to know. For example, what are our favorite foods? Let's grow them in our garden!
Our director and owner of Jellybean has always been the best at creating a space where kindness, happiness, and individualization are at the forefront. To help children learn how to become independent, our environment is set up to allow the children to make their own choices. By making their own choices, they are able to understand natural consequences as well as choose how they learn. Once they choose how they learn, learning becomes fun and interesting.
We are a family here, and we want all children to feel loved and accepted. When you walk in, you will hear laughter, you will see smiles, and you will feel at home.